Re: Unable to use mouse wheel scrolling in screen under gnome-terminal

From: Pandurangan R S
Subject: Re: Unable to use mouse wheel scrolling in screen under gnome-terminal
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 16:38:46 +0530

http://www4.cs.fau.de/~jnweiger/screen-faq.html

Q:      My xterm scrollbar does not work with screen.
A:      The problem is that xterm will not allow scrolling if the alternate
text buffer is selected. The standard definitions of the termcap
initialize capabilities ti and te switch to and from the alternate
text buffer. (The scrollbar also does not work when you start e.g.
'vi'). You can tell screen not to use these initialisations by adding
the line
termcapinfo xterm ti@:te@
to your ~/.screenrc file.

I use ubuntu 9.10 and have this in my screenrc file, which does the trick.

Regards
Pandu