Re: screen key problem on remote server

From: J. Bakshi
Subject: Re: screen key problem on remote server
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 19:21:47 +0530

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 16:34:08 +0530
"J. Bakshi" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> Coming back once again with a new problem :-) Hope to get some help.
>
> I have configured vim with some shortcuts which are running well on
> both local and remote box. Both are suse 11. But in local box when I
> use vim through screen I have no problem to use those vim short-cuts
> like F1, F2 etc...  but in the remote box those shortcuts are not
> working at all when using through screen. More over Left,righ,up,down
> keys are also not working. here is the .screenrc which I have placed
> in both local and remote box
>
> ` ` `
>
> shell -$SHELL
>
> # for locale charset
> setenv LC_CTYPE en_US.UTF-8
> setenv TERM xterm
>
> # X - a fast way to lock the current screen.
> bind 'x'
> bind 'X' lockscreen
>
> # automatically lock screen after inactivity of a defind interval ( in
> second)
> idle 1800  lockscreen #half an hour
> ` ` `
>
> Any idea why it is mal functioning in remote box ?
>
> Thanks

Solved the first one i.e getting vim shortcuts through screen

- before I used

spawn ssh '$ssh_Server' -t   export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 && TERM=xterm && \
"screen -c '$screenrc_location' -aUS '$ssh_Server' -dR bash -l ||ssh
'$ssh_Server'"

- Now the correct way is

spawn ssh '$ssh_Server' -t "screen -c '$screenrc_location' -aUS \
'$ssh_Server' -dR bash -l ||ssh '$ssh_Server'"

LANG and TERM are now placed at .screenrc

The second one is still unresolved.
- Left,righ,up,down keys and [home], [end] are not working.

any clue please ?