Re: switch between sessions ?

From: cga
Subject: Re: switch between sessions ?
Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 23:15:37 -0400

Marc Chantreux wrote:

Thanks for the "organizational" tip.. Sounds like a smart way to categorize one's activities and I'll give it a shot asap.

you're welcome !

Are you using a system (or some peculiar connection context..) where you cannot use multiple consoles/xterms.. or am I missing something..?

so the problem will be the same : my desktop is allready full of rxvts
running ssh on differents hosts, firefox, dia and other tools.

this problem is stronger under windows which misses the virtual desktop
features.

ok.. now I understand.. and.. sympathize.. Don't think I could live w/o virtual desktops or - the functionally equivalent - multiple consoles..

I was thinking you might want to try one of the "tabbed" wm's but on windows that's likely irrelevant.

May want to try one when/if you have access to one of the *nix variations.

Cheers,
Chris.

regards