screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] Static allocation of struct win

From: Amadeusz Sławiński
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] Static allocation of struct win
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 17:52:28 +0200

On Fri, 15 Apr 2016 11:22:37 +0200
Marcin Stolarek <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear developers,
>
> I just met a problem of 40 windows limit, I've recompiled, it's ok. Is
> anyone working on changing this to dynamic memory allocation?
> I can volunteer to try to implement this.
>
> Does the project have some non-official repository on github? I can
> use git, for example pull requests processing, issues are really more
> efficient with webinterface.
>
> cheers,
> marcin

Hey,

You must have older version, from 4.2.0 MAXWIN was raised to 100. Also
you can use 'maxwin' command (present from 3.9.13) in your ~/.screenrc,
so you don't have to recompile unless you use really old version.

No one is working on reimplementing it to dynamic allocation, but it
would be nice to have if you want to work on it.

Best regards,
Amadeusz