screen-devel

Re: [screen-devel] How to submit patches?

From: Felix Rosencrantz
Subject: Re: [screen-devel] How to submit patches?
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 21:20:55 -0700

Hi Janos,

Not sure why there is no response.  These sound like interesting
features.  It might be worth posting the patches to
address@hidden and see if you get a response there.

In a recent mail thread started by the Debian maintainer of screen,
one of the two main developers of the screen code, reported that he
was not actively developing the code,  He also mentioned the other
developer was only semi-active.  A beta-version of screen was released
in February, but there has been little activity since.

I suspect the two main developers are busy living life.  Though aren't
comfortable enough opening up the codeline to others.  They have
incorporated some patches or used the patches as a basis for code
they've written.

So, if you are willing, put your code out there.

I like the ability to have more than just 10 screen labels, so it is
easy to move between screens.  I don't understand your second feature
exactly, but from what I understand,
it also sounds useful.

-FR.