screen-devel

[screen-devel] How to submit patches?

From: Janos Barbero
Subject: [screen-devel] How to submit patches?
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 12:17:05 -0700

Hi,

I've written some patches to screen over the past year to make it work
more to my taste. Perhaps some of these might be useful, but I don't
know how to package them up. Could you please give pointers on that?
Thanks.

Anyway, the patches are:
1. Ability to choose alphanumeric window "numbers", much like irssi's
window handling. This is implemented with a "labels" command and
keybindings assigning C-a <letter> to select <letter> where
appropriate. For instance, they are defined in my screenrc as:
labels          "0123456789qwetuiofgjvbmERTYUIOPDGHJKLCVBM"
For each of them, there is also a line, such as:
bind q select q
The missing letters are the ones I actually use for screen commands.
This lets me toggle between windows very quickly...

2. A mode like mapdefault but persistent; this is so I can launch
embedded screen instances on other hosts and interact with them
naturally. This is implemented with two commands, mapoff and mapon.
Relevant lines:
defflow off
bindkey         "^S"            eval "mapoff" "escape ^Ss" "echo \"No
mappings applied (use \\\^S\\\^Q to revert)\""
bind            "^Q"            eval "mapon"  "escape ^Aa" "echo \"All
mappings applied\""
I just type ^S to enter the mode (but I can still use ^S as an escape
character if I need to on my local session) and ^S^Q to exit it.

Well, if you don't consider the patches useful, don't bother to give
pointers on how to submit them. ;) By the way, they're all for
4.00.02.

Janos