[Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2018 14:00:30 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Ineiev!

> Some files still have no notices, like
> ChangeLog
> scaffold/boot/4e-string-split.scm
> scaffold/boot/2f-define-second-lambda.scm
> scaffold/gc.scm
> scaffold/b-0.mes
> doc/ANNOUNCE-0.6
> doc/GNU-EVAL-APPLY
> BOOSTRAP

Added headers

ChangeLog
scaffold/boot/2f-define-second-lambda.scm
scaffold/boot/39-global-define-override.scm
scaffold/boot/3a-global-define-lambda-override.scm
scaffold/boot/4f-string-split.scm (renamed from 4e-string-split)
scaffold/boot/numbers.scm
scaffold/gc.scm
BOOSTRAP

Removed
doc/GNU-EVAL-APPLY
scaffold/b-0.mes

I think I lost a patch, I'm pretty sure I did gc.scm and BOOSTRAP
before...it was a pretty hacking frenzy this week.

doc/ANNOUNCE-*.  These were all emailed to public lists (guix-devel,
guile-user etc).  Would it be OK to mention that somewhere?  I moved
them to doc/announce and added this local README:

                                                              -*- org -*-
#+TITLE: GNU Mes Announcements

Copyright © 2016, 2017, 2018 Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>

  Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
  are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
  notice and this notice are preserved.

Files are emails sent to public mailing lists.  The notice above
applies to these files too.

> In doc/fosdem/README you write, "All files except the files listed below."
> This will make the things wrong when someone just adds a file; I'd
recommend
> writing down a full list.

OK.

> Besides that, licensing terms are not spelled out.

Ah yes, I need a license for the talk.  Hmm, think GFDL 1.3+ would be
best.

> For PDFs, it's desirable to add the notices to their text so that the
reader
> of the file could see them.
> doc/fosdem/fosdem.org has no license notice; it would be great if normal
> renderers of .org files showed copyright and license notice for it.

Added a * Legalese as suggested in the Org mode manual and regenerated,
so visible everywhere.

>>  I only removed the 46_grep.c that was clearly non-free.
>
> Oh!
>
>> There's a LICENSE and COPYING file in that directory. These were taken
> verbatim from TinyCC --There's a LICENSE and COPYING file in that
directory.

> I think GNU guidelines don't distinguish whether you take other people's
code
> or write the files yourself: they should have valid copyright and license
> notices. Since these are files in your tarball, they are your
responsibility.

Ah, sure.  It was imported as a convenience -- I chose to remove this
imported directory.

Greetings,
janneke

  Message sent via Savannah