[Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes

From: Ineiev
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #14997] Submission of GNU Mes
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 03:33:26 -0400 (EDT)

Hello, Jan!

I've noticed some inconsistencies in your tarball, I'd love to resolve them
before your package is registered on Savannah.

These files lack copyright and license notices:
.dir-locals.el
lib/alloca.c
tests/read.test
module/mes/psyntax.pp
README
install.sh
HACKING
INSTALL
AUTHORS
scaffold/tests/91-goto-array.c
build_aux/export.make
build-aux/setup-mes.sh
(please check other copyrightable files as well, including images).

module/srfi/srfi-16.scm says it's LGPLv2.1+, however, no
LGPL text comes with it; I suggest that you either add the text
of that license or relicense those files under the GPLv3+.

Somewhat worse with module/sxml/xpath.scm, module/mes/pmatch.scm:
they are LGPLv3+.  The difference is: LGPLv2 permits relicensing
under GPLv2+; the LGPLv3 only permits relicensing under the GPLv3; FSF lawyers
said me the LGPLv4 and later probably will permit relicensing under the
corresponding version of the GPL,
but technically one can't tell for sure. (As you must know from reading GNU
maintainer documentation, the code of GNU packages should be compatible with
current GPL and any future versions.)

The same with module/mes/peg/{cache,using-parses}.scm and some other files,
but they are copyrighted by the FSF, so relicensing to future versions of GPL
is likely to be manual, but not problematic (of course, if you don't add
modifications by other copyright holders).

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/