[Savannah-register-public] [task #9745] Submission of Block Device Imagi

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9745] Submission of Block Device Imaging Tools
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 06:36:42 +0000

        Percent Complete:                     90% => 100%

Follow-up Comment #3:

Hi,

>Yes, the documentation will grow, but the file formats and the
>like (the stuff in Documentation) will each be as they are. So I
>must ask, does "leaving triviality" refer to the documentation s
>a whole or to the individual files?

If you took
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Notices.html#Copyright-Notices
literally, it would refer to individual files. But I think "the spirit" is
that any non-trivial work should get this treatment. And "work" here is the
documentation as a whole, i.e. all doc files together. In addition, the files
already are beyond triviality if you apply that 10-line criteria.

But I won't fight over this. If you have the feeling that the license note
only disturbs the reader, you can also create a separate text file in /doc
where you write something like "All files in this directory are subject to
copyright and licensed as follows...". Even better is to explicitly name each
file.

Otherwise, the text you proposed is completely appropriate in each case. The
essential thing is that any user knows without doubt which license each file
in your package is distributed under.

I approve your project and will trigger account creation.
So you can directly upload the patched project there.

Enjoy hosting&maintaining your project on Savannah.