[Savannah-register-public] [task #9745] Submission of Block Device Imagi

From: Sebastian Gerhardt
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9745] Submission of Block Device Imaging Tools
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 07:03:58 +0000

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 90%
             Assigned to:                    None => sgerhardt

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hi Jacob,

project submission look mostly fine. Except for two issues which I think need
to be addressed.

1) We ask you to help us make the users aware that the kernel Linux is
distinct from the operating system GNU/Linux. In the README, I assume you mean
the operating system in the first sentence. Whereas, when you employ the term
"Linux" in the context of file system support, I think you mean the kernel. I
recommend you prepend GNU/ in the first instance and "the kernel" in the
second.

2) The documentation looks like it is going to see growth in the future. So
it is leaving triviality and therefore needs a copyright&license notice as
well. I recommend either a simply public domain or an all permissive
disclaimer
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Other-Files.html#License-Notices-for-Other-Files

In case the documentation is planned to be even manual-like, you might even
want to consider the GFDL.
http://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/License-Notices-for-Documentation.html#License-Notices-for-Documentation