[Savannah-register-public] [task #9624] Submission of Objectify

From: J. Scott Edwards
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9624] Submission of Objectify
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 18:59:11 +0000

Hi Leo,

I finally got that release out yesterday, it is Alpha_30.5 at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/objectify/.  I tried to get it out on Saturday
so that it coincided with Software Freedom Day, but I didn't make it.  I found
a couple of bugs and I didn't want to do a release with them in it.

I believe I got copyright notices on all the documentation files and all of
the ChangeLog files.  I wasn't 100% sure where to put the notice on the
ChangeLogs, so I put it right at the beginning.  I noticed in the GFDL
instructions it said to use it on scripts too.  I already had a GPL notice in
the scripts so I didn't change them.  If it would be better for the scripts to
have the GFDL notice instead please let me know.

There are a couple of web pages that I keep in the release and I wasn't sure
if I should put the GFDL on them, it didn't seem quite right.  So I copied the
notice from the www.fsf.org web page.  If I need to do something different for
them let me know.  I need to work on them anyway.  I plan to change them so
they link to gNewSense instead of Ubuntu.  In fact this reminded me I need to
go through all of the documentation and get it up to date, some of it is quite
out of date.

This also brought up another question I have had: do the public objects/data
need some sort of copyright?  For example this web page is generated from the
public objects:
"http://www.worldwide-database.org/cgi-bin/list_files.cgi?md5";, does it need
some kind of a copyright notice?

Anyway, I would be more than happy to do another release if I didn't get it
quite right yet.  Just let me know.

Thanks
   -Scott