[Savannah-register-public] [task #9108] Submission of Aug

From: Nicodemo Alvaro
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #9108] Submission of Aug
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 05:43:34 +0000

        Percent Complete:                      0% => 60%
             Assigned to:                    None => nicalvaro

Follow-up Comment #4:

I apologize for the delay. If you plan on using the openssl dependency still,
I would ask that you place an exception in addition to the license notice I
had asked for.

"This program is released under the GPL with the additional exemption that
compiling, linking, and/or using OpenSSL is allowed."

Another possibility is to use some other program for ssl (NSS, Gnu TLS)

http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnutls
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/nss/

Also, GNU TLS has python support from the python-gnutls library.

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/python-gnutls/

The current license notice that you have in your project files do not comply
with standards as it leaves it uncertain if you allow people to change to the
GNU GPL version 3. We require the "or (at your option) any later version" text
as this site seeks GPL compatibility with all of the software here. Of course
there are other concerns so please use the examples provided by the gpl-howto
document I linked to earlier.

I would still like to see the bunzipped or gunzipped tarball. You could send
it to my e-mail or upload it at your own site if it does not fit here. My
e-mail is nicodemo period alvaro at gmail point com

Thanks again.