Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7770] Submission of ANSI C in prac

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7770] Submission of ANSI C in practice
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 16:39:32 +0100

Jonathan,

I'm not sure this can be free software.

The K&R manual is non-free (copyright Addison-Wesley I think), and
answers to exercices will be difficult to implement without mentioning
the questions, and some answers may require modifying non-free code
from the questions.

We're likely to run into a lawsuit here, because there already exist a
non-free, commercial book with the answers to the K&R manual,
published by the same editor (in France, at least -
http://worldcat.org/oclc/44175298).

Maybe it would be more useful to create a whole new set of exercices,
with both questions and answers placed under a free license.

Maybe a free implementation of the exercices answers is possible, but
this needs to be done carefully on we need to discuss it with
Athanasios Kasampalis beforehand.

--
Sylvain