[Savannah-register-public] [task #7222] Submission of Psychosynth

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7222] Submission of Psychosynth
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:42:23 +0000

> They are comments indicating it in the code.

If you copy code from other projects, you need to copy the copyright notices
as well. For example, in src/common/CmdLineOpts.cpp we can see "Copyright (C)
2007 Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente" which makes one believe you're the only
copyright holder of the code. But later we see "Most of this code was taken
from Libassa" and original authors are not credited, because their original
copyright notices are missing. Please fix this for parts of the code that you
didn't write directly yourself.

> I attach you the source with the corrected licenses.
> Now every source file has the GPL3 or later notice
> and any non free data has been removed -all
> fonts excepting DejaVu and all CEGUI themes
> excepting my modified TaharezLooks-.

Nice. You also need to explain the origin of the files, just like with source
code. If the file format supports comment, add copyright and licence as a
comment, notices just like in source code. If the file format does not support
comments (for example, it's a binary format such as PNG), then place a README
file in the same directory with the appropriate copyright and license notices
in it.

Please who receive your project need to know where each file comes from, who
is(are) its author(s), and what license covers it :)

Regards.

  Message posté via/par Savannah