[Savannah-register-public] [task #7253] Submission of A Porting tool for

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7253] Submission of A Porting tool for making Cygwin Net Releases
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2007 22:34:14 +0000

Hi,

Your URL is 404, please provide a working URL.

You explained correctly the first time, but maybe I wasn't clear, so I'll
explain differently:

At Savannah it's a problem to host programs that only work under Woe/Cygwin.
I ask you to make sure this can work under a free OS, such as GNU/Linux. You
answer me OK, but at the same time you say you never tested it and have no
experience with such a setup. So at first glance you cannot make sure this can
be used without Woe/Cygwin. Maybe you actually rely on Woe or Cygwin itself,
and don't know about it.

Likewise we've got people programming with Sun's JDK. We ask them to make
sure their program can be used with a free Java suite such as
IcedTea/GCJ/Classpath/etc. If they don't test it first hand, and just state
that it "should work", that is not enough.

  Message posté via/par Savannah