[Savannah-register-public] [task #7222] Submission of Psychosynth

From: Juan Pedro Bolívar Puente
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] [task #7222] Submission of Psychosynth
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 12:13:59 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Details:

A new project has been registered at Savannah
This project account will remain inactive until a site admin approves or
discards the registration.

= Registration Administration =

While this item will be useful to track the registration process, *approving
or discarding the registration must be done using the specific Group
Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9461> page*,
accessible only to site administrators, effectively *logged as site
administrators* (superuser):

* Group Administration
<https://savannah.gnu.org/siteadmin/groupedit.php?group_id=9461>

= Registration Details =

* Name: *Psychosynth*
* System Name:  *psychosynth*
* Type: non-GNU software & documentation
* License: GNU General Public License v3 or later

----

The purpose of this project is to write a free implementation of the non-free
parts needed to build a Reactable (http://mtg.upf.edu/reactable/) -a very
interesting live performance tangible soft-synth- : the sound synthetizer, the
dinamic pathcer, the visualizer, the network system.

Right now my efforts are focused on writing the dinamic patcher an the core
of the sound synthesis system. This is the core model, which may be controlled
by any mean. The visualizer, the table input and the network system may be
developed as client controllers of this core. While developing the core I'm
writting a 3D graphical interface that simulates a Reactable and will provide
fancy FX, as well as the network system.

Once these parts get enough maturity writing the last components to build a
tangible Reactable clone must be easy and it would be our last task.

I have around 8000 lines of code already writen but it is at an experimental
state yet and has not been published anywhere -I don't have any server to do
it. If you really need to look at it I can mail a copy somewhere. The only
thing I have ever published is this video where I show and early test of the
3D simulator:
http://s4.video.blip.tv/0450000633319/Raskolnikov-PschosynthTest1378.ogg

==== Other Software Required: ====
For the core:
- ALSA
- OSS

For the 3D simulator:
- OGRE
- CEGUI
- OIS

==== Other Comments: ====
If the project ever gets to a mature and reliable state I will donate it to
the GNU project. I haven't done it yet because I still don't know if my free
time is flexible enough, but I'm with enthusiasm in this and I hope that in a
year or so we could have reached that state.