[Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #4850] Submission of Gargi : Free U

From: Swapnil Hajare
Subject: [Savannah-register-public] Re: [task #4850] Submission of Gargi : Free Unicode OpenType Font
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 13:26:51 +0530

Hi,
details of the gargi font which we wish to host under a project at
savannah.

gargi font is a unicode opentype font developed/maintained using
fontforge. http://www.fontforge.net )
Fontforge used to be known as PfaEdit.
Fontforge lincense can be viwed at http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/license.html

The entire font can be viewed in fontforge or any other software
capable of editing OpenType font and also can be modified there
itself. It uses none of the external programing languages or libraries
except those embedded in fontforge itself.

In the beginning, this font was kept for download (under GNU GPL) on
www.indictrans.org . Now It is available for download at
www.janabhaaratii.org.in under GNU GPL

gargi copyright as mentioned in the font itself are given below:
**********************************************************************************************************************
Open Type rules and extra glyphsets made by the Localization Team HBCSE,TIFR,
Homi Bhabha Centre For Science Education, Tata Institute Of
Fundamental Research V.N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400 088, INDIA.

Core Devanagari Glyphs (c) Cyberscape Multimedia ltd,
#101, Mahalakshmi Mansion
21st Main, 22nd "A" Cross
Banashankari 2nd Stage
Bangalore 560 070, India.

The matching English glyphs: Copyright (URW)++,Copyright 1999 by
(URW)++ Design & Development; Cyrillic glyphs added by Valek Filippov
(C) 2001-2002.

Devanagari character shapes improved and maintained by Monika Shah and
Sonali Sonania of janabhaaratii Team, C-DAC, Mumbai.

This font is released under GNU GPL by Dr. Alka Irani and Prof
Jitendra Shah,janabhaaratii Team,C-DAC, Mumbai.

janabhaaratii is localisation project at C-DAC Mumbai (formerly National
Centre for Software Technology) ; funded by TDIL, Govt. of India.

Contact:address@hidden,address@hidden,
address@hidden,address@hidden
website : www.janabhaaratii.org.in

please check if this answers your questions. Kindly get back if you
have any queries.

Thank you
Swapnil Hajare
janabhaaratii team