Re: [Savannah-dev] what's going on with Savannah?

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] what's going on with Savannah?
Date: 18 May 2004 01:16:08 -0700

>>>>> "Marcus" == Marcus Hardt  writes:

Marcus> The project was renamed and moved to
Marcus> http://gna.org/projects/savane

OK, thanks.  That answers my question about the software itself, but
what about the hosting of all the FSF (and other) software project?

Are we all supposed to all migrate there?  Are the official GNU/FSF
projects migrating there?  Has there ever been one single announcement
to project admins about the status of the hosting service?  There
isn't a *single* mention of gna.org on savannah.gnu.org.  What is
FSF's position on this?  Are they giving up on savannah altogether, is
there a migration path?

Basically, I'm totally confused, I mean for example where is emacs or
classpath development happening now if users can't commit to the CVS
tree?

Sorry for all the questions, but as a simple GNU volunteer on several
official GNU projects (classpath,cp-tools) and one non-GNU project
(swarm) if you (or anybody else) could enlighten me at all, it would
be most welcome.

Alex