[Savannah-dev] freesoftware.fsf.org vs savannah.gnu.org

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: [Savannah-dev] freesoftware.fsf.org vs savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 10:04:56 +0200

        Hi,

        I'll be working on freesoftware.fsf.org vs savannah.gnu.org
name issues. The first step will be to arrange for the php based software
to be multidomain based. In the present state of things,
freesoftware.fsf.org and savannah.gnu.org both point to the same set of
page but whenever the php code needs to redirect and/or build a URL, it
uses a single domain name, savannah.gnu.org.

        The work done by Mathieu Roy and Jaime Villate so that the php
code base is configurable will certainly help convince the php code that
it should chose the domain name to use based on the domain name
used to request the page (if among a list of acceptable domains) or to
a default if the domain is unknown.

        I'll let you know day after day what I'm really doing to solve
this problem. I you have advices, I'm willing to hear them. The documentation
provided by Mathieu Roy and Jaime Villate (savannah.texi) describes most of
what I need, I think.

        Cheers,