Re: [Savannah-dev] freesoftware.fsf.org vs savannah.gnu.org

From: Jaime E. Villate
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] freesoftware.fsf.org vs savannah.gnu.org
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 09:55:58 +0100

On Thu, Sep 12, 2002 at 10:04:56AM +0200, Loic Dachary wrote:
> The work done by Mathieu Roy and Jaime Villate so that the php
> code base is configurable will certainly help convince the php code that
> it should chose the domain name to use based on the domain name
> used to request the page (if among a list of acceptable domains) or to
> a default if the domain is unknown.

I tried to do some work on that before my vacation, but I ran into some
problems.  My idea was to define virtual hosts for freesoftware.fsf.org and
savannah.gnu.org in Apache's httpd.conf file.

The savannah.gnu.org host should set up an environment variable (as it is
currently being done for any virtual domain in subversions)
SV_LOCAL_INC_PREFIX pointing to /etc/savannah/savannah-conf

The freesoftware.fsf.org host should make that variable point to
/etc/freesoftware/freesoftware-conf

After that, then the two different configuration files should be enough at
this moment to give the different look to the two sites. Notice that the http
root directory for both hosts is the same, since they use the same php
scripts.

I configured the virtual hosts the way I've done it in my machine, but for
some reason it did not work in subversions. Also we need to create different
virtual hosts for https://freesofftware.fsf.org and https://savannah.gnu.org
and I do not know how to handle the SSL certificates for both hosts.

I'll try to talk to you this morning in #savannah

Cheers,
Jaime