[Savannah-dev] Re: Grouptype doesn't work

From: Mathieu Roy
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: Grouptype doesn't work
Date: 22 Aug 2002 17:54:58 +0200

Marcus Hardt <address@hidden> a tapoté :

> > > When I try to create a new Grouptype on my savannah site, he will only
> > > create a grouptype filled with the defaults. Does anyone know, why that
> > > is?
> >
> > It undocumented because very recent.
> > Normally, you should be able to set which features you want your users
> > be able to use for the concerned project type.
>
> I am, and I like the features I see.
>
> > It works well on savannah and another box at cern.
>
> CERN? Who's administering it?

Jaime Villate (address@hidden or address@hidden) + me, but it's only
experimental. We plan to have a full
version running soon, but for few days, Jaime is on vacation.

> > Can you give me more details about your problem?
>
> Well I don't have the time currently to dive into the sources deeply. I fill
> the complete form on:
> https://gridportal.fzk.de/admin/group_type.php?type_id=3&create=1
> Especially I change name from "new type" to "foo".
> Clicking on "update" creates a new Group-type called "new type".
> Deleting that group type works.

No explanation. I create a new type, change it's name, deleted it,
change the name of another type, without any trouble on the CERN
installation.

in the command line you type, there's a &create=1. Normally it should
happend only at type creation. How do get this url with &create=1?

You should update your copy with the cvs.
If you have a recent version, you can type in the root dir your your
installation
address@hidden savannah]# ./configure
address@hidden savannah]# make update -i

It should update everything.