[Savannah-dev] [Bug #896] GPG key in account maintenance: whole key need

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #896] GPG key in account maintenance: whole key needed?
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 04:25:26 -0400

=================== BUG #896: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=896&group_id=11

Changes by: Lord of the Files <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Aug-06 08:25 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | Remind                    | Fixed
              Status | Open                      | Closed

A comment as been added.

=================== BUG #896: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: mpt                       Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jul-23 22:06
Category:  Content                      Severity:  1 - Enhancement

Original Submission:  (Using Category 'Other' since no 'User Admin'; hope
that's OK).

Is "GPG Key" section in Account Maintenance present so that other users can
fetch my GPG key, or so that Savannah can send me mail using my GPG key, or
both?

-- If "GPG Key" is present so that other users can get my key, then I suggest
replacing it with "GPG Fingerprint".  After adding 3rd party signatures to my
key I don't want to have to manually upload it to Web applications like
Savannah.  If the account information instead includes a fingerprint, people
can fetch my key from a public keyserver and use the fingerprint to
double-check it (not full verification, but to confirm a match between
key-from-keyserver and desired-key-of-Savannah-user).

-- If "GPG Key" is present so that Savannah itself can send me encrypted mail,
then that purpose should be documented so that users know they don't need to
keep their keys on Savannah up-to-date WRT sigatures.

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Aug-06 08:25             By: admin
A comment as been added.

Date: 2002-Jul-24 11:03             By: admin
You can type your fingerprint or the whole public key. As you want. I'll add a
comment about it.

Regards,

Mathieu (yeupou)

No files currently attached