[Savannah-dev] [Bug #915] No more commiting ?!

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #915] No more commiting ?!
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 04:10:11 -0400

=================== BUG #915: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=915&group_id=11

Changes by: Lord of the Files <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Aug-06 08:10 (GMT)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
          Resolution | None                      | Works for me
              Status | Open                      | Closed

=================== BUG #915: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: ace                       Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jul-29 03:38
Category:  CVS                          Severity:  5 - Average

Original Submission:  Without changing anything it's not possible anymore to
commit files to cvs (here: gnubg).

"export CVS_RSH=ssh
export address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnubg"

is in my ~/.bashrc,

"cvs -z3 address@hidden:/cvsroot/gnubg/ co gnubg"

works without problems, and

"cvs commit [file]"

tells me:

cvs [server aborted]: "commit" requires write access to the repository
cvs commit: saving log message in /tmp/cvscB1w73

~/.ssh/identity and identity.pub exist and are also correctly registered.
~/ssh/config also exists and is properly configured.

An admin in the gnubg project told me that I definitely have  write access.

Ciao

Achim

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Jul-31 09:29             By: villate
There seems to be no problem with ssh access since you can
co a "cvs co" as user "ace". I've also checked in the CVS
server and you have write access to the repository.
The only reason I can see for the error is that you probably
are trying to do the commit from a directory which is not part
of gnubg CVS.

For example if you want to commit gnubg.c in gnubg, you should:
  cd gnubg
  cvs ci -m 'Log message' gnubg.c

Date: 2002-Jul-31 07:51             By: yeupou
Can you provide the full error message you get by typing ssh -v
subversions.gnu.org

Date: 2002-Jul-29 07:16             By: admin
Can you try ssh -1 -v subversions.gnu.org and tell us what you get, copying the
full message?

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=915&group_id=11