[Savannah-dev] [Bug #650] I want to control if anonymous users can submi

From: nobody
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Bug #650] I want to control if anonymous users can submit bugs
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 03:27:14 -0400

=================== BUG #650: LATEST MODIFICATIONS ==================
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=650&group_id=11

Changes by: Laurent Julliard <address@hidden>
Date: 2002-Jun-17 09:27 (Europe/Paris)

            What     | Removed                   | Added
            Priority | Normal                    | Later
          Resolution | None                      | Later
              Status | Open                      | Closed
              Effort | 0.00                      | 0.50

I think this can be useful. However it also goes against the freedom to remain
anonymous when you post a comment. This being said when access the bug
modification form as an anonymous user, a big message in red tells you so and
advise you to log in first.

Second, the bug tracking system allows you to specify a message preamble that
will appear  on the bug submission form (See Bugs->Admin->Oether Settings) and
here you can also type a message with appropriate HTML tagging to make ti very
clear that you want people to log in first.

To summarize: I keep it in the TODO list of CodeX here at Xerox (because I had
the request once in the past). I close this bug with Priority 'Later'.

=================== BUG #650: FULL BUG SNAPSHOT ===================

Submitted by: okuji                     Project: Savannah
Submitted on: 2002-Jun-15 16:09
Category:  Bug Tracker                  Severity:  1 - Enhancement

Original Submission:  After having some experience with the Bug Tracker,
I found it quite useless that anonymous users submitted
bugs, because it is an interactive job to track bugs.
That also applies to the case where people add comments.
Without knowing who wrote which, it is difficult to
establish good communication.

So I'd like to control if anonymous users (i.e. ``None'')
can submit bugs.

Thanks,
Okuji

Follow-up Comments
*******************

Date: 2002-Jun-17 09:27             By: ljulliar
I think this can be useful. However it also goes against the freedom to remain
anonymous when you post a comment. This being said when access the bug
modification form as an anonymous user, a big message in red tells you so and
advise you to log in first.

Second, the bug tracking system allows you to specify a message preamble that
will appear  on the bug submission form (See Bugs->Admin->Oether Settings) and
here you can also type a message with appropriate HTML tagging to make ti very
clear that you want people to log in first.

To summarize: I keep it in the TODO list of CodeX here at Xerox (because I had
the request once in the past). I close this bug with Priority 'Later'.

No files currently attached

For detailed info, follow this link:
http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?func=detailbug&bug_id=650&group_id=11