reproduce-devel

[task #15635] Stable branch and/or release candidates/official releases

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15635] Stable branch and/or release candidates/official releases
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 10:12:18 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #3, task #15635 (project reproduce):

This is a good suggestion, let me build upon it as a brain-storm:

We don't merge a test branch into the core maneage branch until it has been
tested (where relevant). So we can define a convention for notes at the end of
the commit message in the final merge.

For example saying that Maneage has been tested with this commit from scratch,
on operating systems X, Y and Z. We can set some convention for this part so
it can be automatically parsed for a webpage like you mentioned.

Unfortunately we don't have all the architectures of Debian
<https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=inhomog> to test on.

But maybe we can consider some continuous integration services, for example
https://travis-ci.com. But ones that may offer free services to free software
projects or something and can provide a sufficiently wide variety of
architectures.

I just didn't understand your point on "windows-with-POSIX", do we have such a
system?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15635>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/