reproduce-devel

[task #15586] A webpage for Maneage

From: Pedram Ashfoteh Ardakani
Subject: [task #15586] A webpage for Maneage
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 14:24:14 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #33, task #15586 (project reproduce):

Thanks, Mohammad and Raul, I'm glad you liked it :-)

> [...] did you try `https://maneage.org'? [...]
Oh, that worked! When I type in `maneage.org` the HTTP is fetched by default
for some reason. With HTTPS the website does have an encrypted connection and
is rated `B+` by the DuckDuckGo extension.

> So maybe it can be good if we add a small notice at the bottom of the page
that we record no information from you (a visitor). Generally, it will be good
to add a footer to every page with a small copyright notice, year of
publication, and such a statement on privacy.
Sure! Great idea :-)

> Regarding the extra padding [...].
Aha! I guess this is because of the `max-width: 950px` attribute in the
`#container` selector
<https://gitlab.com/pedramardakani/maneage-webpage/-/blob/dev/css/base.css#L71>
:-) This is also the case for the emacs website
<https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/> you shared as an example. I can enlarge
or even remove it if you want. Try resizing the window (or use `ctrl+shift+m`
in Firefox to enter the responsive design mode) to check if this is actually
the reason. I did widen up the page a bit for smaller screens though
<https://gitlab.com/pedramardakani/maneage-webpage/-/commit/1103ad9e37748f97b229d22ff715238dfe75c770>.
If you still find the horizontal spacings too large, feel free to modify the
`max-width` attribute in `#container`
<https://gitlab.com/pedramardakani/maneage-webpage/-/blob/dev/css/base.css#L71>
*and* `#nav-hamburger-wrap`
<https://gitlab.com/pedramardakani/maneage-webpage/-/blob/dev/css/base.css#L141>