reproduce-devel

[task #15586] A webpage for Maneage

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #15586] A webpage for Maneage
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 22:51:10 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #31, task #15586 (project reproduce):

Thanks Pedram, the two commits have been pushed and uploaded :-).

I like the idea of rotating the three `|'s! It is impressive.

The license notice looks good now, thanks! I wanted you to do this in your own
commit ;-).

The two points by DuckDuckGo where interesting, did you try
`https://maneage.org'? Probably this will fix the first one. The only problem
is that sometimes it doesn't work in some countries.

The point about privacy practices was a good one and related to the analytics
point that you mentioned later. Back in the old days, I had added analytics to
my page (first Google Analytics, and then Piwik, which is now called Matomo,
and was free software). I must say that I only learnt the value of privacy
after seeing HOW MUCH information such analytic solutions record from every
visitor! So on my new private page, I haven't added analytics and I feel so
much much more comfortable: there is a lot of responsibility with all that
information from every visitor.

I think its best if we do the same with Maneage's webpage and avoid all the
ethical and legal issues with web analytics. So maybe it can be good if we add
a small notice at the bottom of the page that we record no information from
you (a visitor). Generally, it will be good to add a footer to every page with
a small copyright notice, year of publication, and such a statement on
privacy.

Regarding the extra padding, I have tried to show it with two thin red lines
in the attached screenshot. Essentially the space between the text and the
window's border, maybe decreasing it by 25% or 50% would be good so we have a
little more space.

(file #49017)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: screenshot.png                 Size:28 KB
    <https://savannah.nongnu.org/file/screenshot.png?file_id=49017>

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?15586>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/