reproduce-devel

[bug #58248] Git depends on Gettext (which is not yet in Maneage)

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [bug #58248] Git depends on Gettext (which is not yet in Maneage)
Date: Wed, 6 May 2020 04:36:48 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #17, bug #58248 (project reproduce):

Perfect! Thanks ;-).

Fortunately we already have libiconv in `basic.mk', but before setting it as a
prerequisite of Coreutils, can you also check if gettext itself depends on
libiconv? Or maybe even Bash?

If we do this we do this the main prerequisite of pkg-config should be set to
Make (see the comment in basic.mk on how libiconv and coreutils are related).
pkg-config's Coreutils dependency was just for human reasons (to build all
higher-level basic tools after coreutils) it has no special need on GNU
coreutils.

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58248>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/