reproduce-devel

[bug #58248] Git depends on Gettext (which is not yet in Maneage)

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [bug #58248] Git depends on Gettext (which is not yet in Maneage)
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 14:06:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #58248 (project reproduce):

Thanks Mohammad. I am happy to say that after some time, I have been able to
include GNU gettext into the project. Have a look at my fork
(https://gitlab.com/infantesainz/reproduce-raulfork/-/commit/b43146918). It
worked in my macOS laptop, so check if it also works in your machine and then
merge ;-)
Just remember that there is a warning in the configure script to check if
gettext is already available in the host system (remove it if now it is not
necessary).

[comment #6 comment #6:]
> Thanks Raul. Then if you have the chance, can you find where `msgfmt' is on
your system, temporarily rename it, then check if it is not installed anywhere
else:

> l=$(which msgfmt)
> mv $l $l-backup
> which msgfmt
>

> Then can you remove Git from your current build of Maneage, so it rebuilds
it? If it builds, then we can only set this check for GNU/Linux systems.

> About adding Gettext in Maneage, to be honest its just a matter of available
time. If you have a few minutes, can you try adding and testing it (as a
dependency of Git on GNU/Linux and macOS)?

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?58248>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/