repo-criteria-discuss

Re: A+ 0

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: A+ 0
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2024 19:46:45 -0400

  > elsewhere in the criteria there is language about functionality
  > I think there's confusing with language of "impose"
  > Many websites function with requests blocked. For example, Google
  > Analytics being blocked doesn't break anything.

The intention of the criteria about JS code is that the site should
work if the user blocks the Javascript code.  I don't see a need to
give a site a bad mark for referring to Google Analytics or anything
else that doesn't stop the site from functioning with LibreJS.

Our general policy towards JS is that if you appreciate the issue
you should make your browser block it, so we judge sites assuming you have
done that.

However, I wouldn't okject to an A+ criterion of "no nonfree JS at all
in the pages" or "no JS at all in the pages."