Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Incremental restoration

From: Dominic Raferd
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Incremental restoration
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:57:22 +0100

I can't see how to do what you want except the slow way, but I also don't understand what you are trying to achieve, or why you want to restore past increments.

As far as I can see attic (if that is your preferred choice) doesn't keep prior versions of backed-up files (or deleted files). I would have thought you either keep your old rdiff-backup repository in a separate location and start running attic to a new repository, or accept that you are losing the old history (and, temporarily, your current backup), wipe your rdiff-backup repository and use the freed-up space for your new attic repository.

Did I miss something?

Dominic