[rdiff-backup-users] Incremental restoration

From: SiegeLordEx
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Incremental restoration
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 22:52:28 -0400

Hello,

For various reasons I decided that I want to migrate off of rdiff-backup to a different backup solution (currently thinking of attic). My current plan involves restoring my backup at each of the increments and then checking those increments into the replacement backup system. My preliminary testing has shown that a lot of the time (nearly 3 hours) is spent restoring those increments, and that that cost is paid for every increment. So as to not confuse the replacement backup system I've been restoring on top of the same destination directory. To that end, is it possible to do an incremental restoration, where only the changed files between two increments are restored?

Thanks,

-SL