RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Error "Unable to compare" BUT THEN"Nochanges fo

From: Robinson, Eric
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] Error "Unable to compare" BUT THEN"Nochanges found. Directory matches." What?
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 16:04:29 -0700

> I think you misunderstood the man page (if you're
> talking about what it says for --compare-hash).

I was talking about using compare-full as an alternative to
compare-hash. I believe the man page states that compare-full brings the
whole file over from the dest to the source and compares it there, which
is a very costly operation.

> If you're testing backup quality then you should use
> the --verify-at-time option instead

Will check it out!

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - August 12, 2010
solely for Steven Willoughby,address@hidden If you are not the named addressee
you should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or
opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not
represent those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management.
Warning: Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has
taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email,
the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.