Re: [a0] Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Data Privacy from system administrator

From: Dominic
Subject: Re: [a0] Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Data Privacy from system administrator withrdiff-backup
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2008 11:41:13 +0000

Andreas Olsson wrote:
I guess you could always combine a SSHFS- and a EncFS-mount.
http://wiki.rdiff-backup.org/wiki/index.php/BackupToEncfsAcrossSshfs

Myself I would probably prefer using Duplicity.
Thanks Andreas for that lead - which of course I should have seen before :-[

Duplicity doesn't work under Windows (except through Cygwin), I believe, and is not really maintained at present, so I don't want to take that road.

I will look at the Encfs solution, sounds interesting, but I don't like the idea of having to use sshfs as well because won't any transfer optimization be lost - running rdiff-backup in non client/server mode?

Dominic