[rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Bug] In Time.py, import right time module.

From: Andreas Neiser
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Bug] In Time.py, import right time module.
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 15:22:57 +0200

Andrew Ferguson wrote:
> You need to fix your site-packages/rdiff_backup/ directory. Is there a
> place I can download the package you installed from to verify the problem?

I don't think that wrongly capitalized files are the problem, see below.

> Here are the correct capitalizations for the files which are capitalized:
>
> FilenameMapping.py
> Globals.py
> Hardlink.py
> Main.py
> Rdiff.py
> Security.py
> SetConnections.py
> TempFile.py
> Time.py

address@hidden:/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup# ls *.py

FilenameMapping.py  connection.py    regress.py
Globals.py          eas_acls.py      restore.py
Hardlink.py         fs_abilities.py  robust.py
Main.py             hash.py          rorpiter.py
Rdiff.py            increment.py     rpath.py
Security.py         iterfile.py      selection.py
SetConnections.py   lazy.py          static.py
TempFile.py         librsync.py      statistics.py
Time.py             log.py           user_group.py
__init__.py         longname.py      win_acls.py
backup.py           manage.py
compare.py          metadata.py

It's correct, or?

> There's also the possibility that your Python distributor overrode the
> import command. That would explain why __import__ worked for you.

That's something. Can you explain how to check that? I mean, in the
meantime I fixed the problem, but wouldn't it be better just to avoid
two files like Time.py and time.py. So renaming Time.py to Time-ext.py
isn't that big problem, or?

Regards,
Andreas