Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Bug] In Time.py, import right time module

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: [Bug] In Time.py, import right time module.
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:16:57 -0400

On Sep 5, 2008, at 8:58 AM, Andreas Neiser wrote:

Andrew Ferguson wrote:
This looks interesting: in your traceback, this shows the path

/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/time.py

but the correct path should be:

/opt/lib/python2.5/site-packages/rdiff_backup/Time.py

(note different capitalization).

Yes. I forgot to mention that I googled a lot, because I've never
written Python. While searching for similar problems, I found that
Python has some problems with case sensitive importing. But...

You need to fix your site-packages/rdiff_backup/ directory. Is there a place I can download the package you installed from to verify the problem?

Here are the correct capitalizations for the files which are capitalized:

FilenameMapping.py
Globals.py
Hardlink.py
Main.py
Rdiff.py
Security.py
SetConnections.py
TempFile.py
Time.py

There's also the possibility that your Python distributor overrode the import command. That would explain why __import__ worked for you.

Andrew