[rdiff-backup-users] Re: Rdiff-backup fails to backup device files when

From: fake
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Re: Rdiff-backup fails to backup device files when not root
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 11:33:25 -0500

OOPS!      Neverrr Miind! :)

I was under the impression that the version of rdiff-backup in
sarge-backports and unstable was a lttle fresher tha it turns out to be.
Now I see it wasfrom the January 1st 2006 release, and this bug was fixed in
cvs January 15.

The changelog entry: "A few minor changes to help rdiff-backup back up to an
SMB/CIFS share.
Thanks to Cengiz Gunay for testing." doesn't sound relevant, but it turns
out to be the fix, even though my problem had nothing to do with SMB?CIFS
shares.
see: SpecialFileError shouldn't trigger UpdateError
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/rdiff-backup-commits/2006-01/msg00011.html

Now to get the debian maintaner to update the sorces for this package.

Thanks for your patience.
        Brian McDonald