Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable

From: Jes Kasper Klittum
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] TypeError: "'NoneType' object is not callable
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 08:40:57 +0200

Den 19/07/2006 kl. 19.53 skrev dean gaudet:

assuming that you were tracing the remote rdiff-backup then it appears to be getting an EOF on stdin... which makes me think there's something going on in the transport layer... not sure what though -- but you could do more
stracing.

I was tracing the remote rdiff-backup session. It seems that it was reading a webalizer file, which might have changed at that exact moment, or could be removed to be replaced by another file (a cron job updates the stats). Could this result in an end of file? Could this be avoided?

you could also try to figure out the tcp session port and then tcpdump
that session and look at what happens near the end -- see which side sends
the FIN first... then go strace the sshd on that side.

It is sending on port 59297 - i am doing a tcpdump now. Should I strace the sshd pid or the rdiff-backup pid?

this might help <http://arctic.org/~dean/circular.tar.gz> ... it's just a buffer i tack on the end of strace outputs when i know there'll be a lot
of output and i only really need a few MiB of it at the very end to
diagnose the problem.

Any usage help? I guess:

perl Makefile
make