[rdiff-backup-users] --exclude problems

From: Pete Dubler
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] --exclude problems
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 10:29:48 -0600

Recently leaped from RH8 to Fedora5 and my working rdiff-backups no longer work. I am running from the fedora5 rpm 1.0.4
Here is a sample command:

rdiff-backup --exclude /sys --exclude /data/xpbackup /data/
address@hidden::/backup1/data_rdiff

yields the following errors:

Fatal Error: Fatal Error: The file specification
   '/sys'
cannot match any files in the base directory
   '/data'
Useful file specifications begin with the base directory or some
pattern (such as '**') which matches the base directory.

Changing to /data instead of /data/ makes no difference.

--exclude-globbing-filelist myexcludelist  with the directories listed in
myexcludelist also yields the same exact error messages?

The destination server is still running RH 8  and the the version of
rdiff-backup there is: 1.0.4  (the same)

Any insights would be greatly appreciated as I am flying without a net without
rdiff-backup running correctly.

Pete