Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --exclude problems

From: Andrew Ferguson
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] --exclude problems
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 21:25:54 -0400

Hi Pete,

Your backup command line is backing up your /data directory to
address@hidden::/backup1/data_rdiff

Therefore, telling rdiff-backup to exclude the /sys directory is
unnecessary (it's not part of the /data directory), and probably not
what you want. This is what rdiff-backup is complaining about.

/data/xpbackup *is* part of the /data dir, so that --exclude makes sense.

If all of this sounds right to you, you can safely drop the "--exclude
/sys" option.

Andrew