Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Wrong [future] date on backup computer; rdiff-b

From: dean gaudet
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] Wrong [future] date on backup computer; rdiff-backup fails
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:14:45 -0700 (PDT)

i'd try something like:

find mirror -type f -print0 | xargs -0 touch -d "yesterday"

that might cause rdiff-backup to recompare everything and set the
timestamps appropriately...

if that doesn't work then try uncompressing the latest mirror_metadata
file and using perl or something to set the ModTimes all to 0 (and
recompressing)... either this or the find should work to cause
rdiff-backup to recompare everything (and set the correct timestamps on
the files and in the next mirror_metadata).

there should probably be an option to recompare everything actually...
shouldn't be hard to add this feature.  (patches welcome :)

-dean