[rdiff-backup-users] UpdateError issue

From: Erik Milosevic
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] UpdateError issue
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:02:30 +0000

Hi,

I'm having an issue with rdiff-backup, where I get a slew up UpdateErrors of the form:

UpdateError <source file> File changed from regular file before signature

From browsing the archives, it seems this problem is related to the source file in question being changed while rdiff-backup is processing it. This makes sense in my situation, and I wouldn't be distraught if rdiff-backup just skipped them that time.

However, it seems that it continues to skip backing up the file, and continues to throw the error, on subsequent runs. I haven't been able to correct the problem by passing options like --force. Why is this? And what can I do to correct it - do I manually have to copy in the missing files?

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Erik