Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashing

From: Ben Escoto
Subject: Re: [rdiff-backup-users] rdiff-backup crashing
Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 18:15:07 -0400

> History: last week on the master file server a disk crashed. Its
> been returned to the manufacturer under warrenty. Alas, it crashed
> during the backup. Apparently the backup structure is
> inconsistent.
> Version that showed this behaviour was 0.10.2 In an attempt to solve
> this i upgraded to 0.12.6 (and upgraded librsync to 0.9.6).
> I now get the following error from rdiff-backup:
>     assert not incrp.lstat()
> AssertionError

Yes, it seems your backup structure is inconsistent in some way.
Since you just upgraded from 0.10.2, which doesn't keep metadata, you
can't regress.  You could follow what it says at:

http://rdiff-backup.stanford.edu/FAQ.html#regress_failure

Or you could try to manually fix your backup directory.  Version
0.12.7 includes a bit more verbosity at the spot where the assertion
error comes up, so that might at least give you a clue what is
particular is wrong.

--
Ben Escoto