RE: [rdiff-backup-users] I need help repairing rdiff-backup

From: Chris Young
Subject: RE: [rdiff-backup-users] I need help repairing rdiff-backup
Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 11:30:26 -0400

I had seen the FAQ you referred to and I wasn't sure if this would work
for me or not.

I was hesitant to start removing files without first getting some
advice.

I two current_mirror files:

May  2 00:00 current_mirror.2004-05-02T00:00:01-04:00.data
May  3 00:00 current_mirror.2004-05-03T00:00:01-04:00.data

The one on May 3, has no accompanying meta_data, statistics, or error
files associated with it.

So I assume that one is serving no purpose what so ever and I can
probably safely delete it.

The one on May 2nd is the one that seems to be causing the problem, and
the meta_data file does exist for that mirror file.

So if I delete them both (leaving me with no current_mirror) will
rdiff-backup be able to function or re-create what it needs to do the
backup?

Chris Young

Synergy Point
Toll Free: (877) 859-6370