[rdiff-backup-users] Please help : regexp problem.

From: Alan Horn
Subject: [rdiff-backup-users] Please help : regexp problem.
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:02:04 -0800 (PST)

I'm beating my head against a wall here...

I need to do an rdiff-backup, and exclude files that match the pattern :

core\.[0-9]+

e.g. core.12345
     core.4
     core.222

The linux way of writing coredump files from applications produces this
sort of pattern. They are  (I assume) sparse files, and this causes my
backups to get way bigger than they need to be)

(apologies if that isn't a correct python regexp, I'm a perl person.. ;)

So what would be the rdiff command line to exclude these core files ?

I won't list all the possibilities I've tried ;) Help gratefully received,
my backups are stuck running out of space until I solve this one.

Cheers,

Al