Re: [Ranger-users] Video files: thumbnail previews

From: Joshua Landau
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Video files: thumbnail previews
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 18:53:55 +0100

On 28 July 2013 17:22, Germain Zouein <address@hidden> wrote:
On 07/27/2013 01:33 AM, Roman Z. wrote:
On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 10:15:27PM +0300, Germain Zouein wrote:
I'll try to further improve it, and I'll send another patch when it's
ready - or would you prefer a pull request on github instead?
I recommend putting it on a git server (github or any other) so we can
follow your work and comfortably merge branches.

hut

I forked the repo and created a new branch:
https://github.com/GermainZ/ranger/tree/video_previews

I've added a few things, and everything seems to work, hopefully.

@ niku
avconv is broken for my distro and I don't have the time to look into it right now. Could you please test if the same syntax works for it (replacing 'ffmpeg' with 'avconv')? I think I'll add another setting for that.

The branch doesn't work for me (and I don't want to put time in quite atm, sorry) and the ASCII preview takes ages. Are you sure you don't just want to take the first frame for speed?