qemu-ppc

Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?

From: Alexey Kardashevskiy
Subject: Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2021 23:40:59 +1100

On 23/02/2021 23:24, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
On Dienstag, 23. Februar 2021 12:54:47 CET Peter Maydell wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 11:39, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:09:05 +0000

Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 14:43, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
QEMU:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/

We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian
Schoenebeck
(9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we
didn't
quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd
be
glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how
do it :-)

If people want to try that kind of thing out I'm happy to try
to tweak their permissions on the patchwork instance.

Please do for me then. My name is groug :)

Hmm. Having looked through the UI and docs I can't figure
out how to do that (or even if 'maintainer' permission is
sufficient to add other maintainers; maybe one has to ask the
patchwork instance admins to do that?). If you can tell me what
I need to do to add you to the maintainer list for QEMU I'll do it :-)

-- PMM

We were looking into this last year, and from my (poor) understanding this is
how it works:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-09/msg02864.html

If somebody knows a more convenient/appropriate way, that would be
appreciated.

Jeremy or Stephen (cc-ing) do definitely know if there is a better way.

--
Alexey