qemu-ppc

Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?

From: Greg Kurz
Subject: Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 15:43:41 +0100

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:59:34 +0000
Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 07:21, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:51:02 +0100
> > Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
> > > qemu-pcc ...
> > >

> > I do on a very regular basis.
>
> Thanks for the reports. Do you use the features like assigning
> patches to people and changing patch status, or do you mostly
> just use it as a read-only archive-of-patches ?

Only the latter but mostly because I don't have the permissions
to change status, e.g. when trying to change status of this
recent patch from Cedric to rearrange the PowerPC docs:

You don't have permissions to edit patch 'docs/system: Extend PPC section'

My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
QEMU:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/

We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
(9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
do it :-)

Cheers,

--
Greg