Re: qemu-nbd acting as a server or not ?

From: Pascal
Subject: Re: qemu-nbd acting as a server or not ?
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2022 10:00:46 +0200

`qemu-nbd -c` operate as a "local" server/client.

Le ven. 29 avr. 2022 à 09:58, Pascal <patatetom@gmail.com> a écrit :
hi,

`-t` switch for persistence (for me - `-p` is for port number).
`qemu-nbd -c` operate as a "local" server.
`qemu-nbd` still running : use `ps ax | grep nbd` and/or `ss -p | grep nbd` to see it.

regards, lacsaP.

Le ven. 29 avr. 2022 à 02:40, Connor Kuehl <cipkuehl@gmail.com> a écrit :
re-adding the list

On Thu Apr 28, 2022 at 6:51 PM CDT, Bob Power wrote:
>  Hi Connor,
> While I'm using the qcow2 image as nbd0 - ie while it is mounted and I am accessing files - so client not hung up and something still running to interface between the qcow2 image and the system, there does not appear to be any nbd service operating.

Yeah, my suspicion is that as part of creating /dev/nbd0, the kernel
gets all of the information it needs from the qemu-nbd process and is
then self-sufficient and therefore it hangs up on qemu-nbd and qemu-nbd
exits. Just a guess.

Have you tried seeing if qemu-nbd remains up to serve other clients if
you use the -p or --persistent flag?

        qemu-nbd -c /dev/nbd0 -p test.qcow2

--
Connor