Re: Does anybody have anecdotal experience of running 3 OSes (Free/Net/O

From: Narcis Garcia
Subject: Re: Does anybody have anecdotal experience of running 3 OSes (Free/Net/OpenBSD) and share data between them?
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2021 10:19:10 +0100

I use this parameter from host:
-netdev user,id=net0,smb=/path/to/shared

and I connect guests by using Samba too.
\\10.0.2.4\qemu

Documentation:
https://wiki.qemu.org/Documentation/Networking

HowTo:
https://how-to.fandom.com/wiki/Howto_share_data_between_host_and_guest_OS_on_Qemu_with_Samba

Narcis Garcia

El 7/12/21 a les 9:59, Ottavio Caruso via ha escrit:
I run three instances of qemu (FreeBSD, NetBSD OpenBSD). Host is Linux Mint. In real life, it would be very hard to share partitions among them (apart from probably using good old fashioned fat-32).

I wonder if there is a way to share a qemu drive between them while I am actually running them at the same time. I am resigned to the idea that it's not possible but if anybody has any experiences/ideas, please share.